Do you find yourself scrambling to come up with unique dessert ideas to celebrate special occasions? Sure, there is a huge variety of ready-made desserts on the market, but where’s the personal touch in that? When you want to surprise your loved ones on their birthdays or wedding anniversary, you need to whip up something delicious to blow them away.
You know that eating the same old desserts can get really boring fast. So, how do you elevate your usual desserts to the next level and delight your loved ones? By adding the secret ingredient – CBD!
Using food-friendly cannabidiol (CBD) oil, we have rounded up a few easy and delicious recipes that you can whip up from the comfort of your home anytime. Before we delve into them, let’s briefly discuss what CBD is.
CBD: What Is It?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of many active compounds (known as cannabinoids) found within the hemp and cannabis plants. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is another active compound found in the plant, CBD is non-psychoactive and non-intoxicating. It doesn’t give users a ‘high’ or euphoric feeling that THC normally induces. In fact, according to some research as well as anecdotal evidence by CBD users, cannabidiol has potential health benefits. It can help:
- Alleviate daily aches and pains
- Reduce stress and promote mental well-being
- Promote good heart health
- Soothe red and irritated skin
There is a need for more human trials to fully ascertain CBD’s efficacy in the treatment of any medical conditions. However, one certain thing is that this natural compound doesn’t cause any serious side effects and is well tolerated in humans, even in large quantities. Moreover, according to a 2017 WHO report, even with regular use, CBD poses no risk of any abuse or dependence potential.
Those who use CBD oil can’t stop raving about its overall relaxing effect. And since CBD oil is perfectly legal in the UK, you can easily find a bottle to cook with. However, always remember to buy from a credible source. Happy Bears Edibles stocks a wide variety of CBD oils. You don’t have to run around to look for the best CBD oils in different shops – you can confidently order from the Happy Bears Edibles website.
And now without further ado, let’s dive into some yummy CBD dessert recipes that will have you and your loved ones asking for more!
1. CBD Oil-Infused Chocolate Mousse
If you are looking for a light but sweet dessert to make for a special occasion, then this creamy CBD chocolate mousse treat is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Note: This recipe yields 6 servings.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sweet chocolate chips
- 2 droppers of any Full-Spectrum CBD oil (for each individual serving)
- Take a large bowl and add the eggs and sugar (or CBD honey). Beat vigorously for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is fluffy and thick.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 cup heavy whipping cream until it reaches a temperature of about 57°C . Make sure not to overheat, as it could scramble the eggs in the following step.
- Slowly drizzle the cream onto the whipped eggs. Make sure not to pour all at once. Slowly drizzling the cream brings the egg temperature up to the cream temperature, a little at a time.
- Now pour the combined mixture back into the top. Heat on the stovetop over low heat.
- Stir continuously until thickened for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of sweet chocolate chips. Mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours and then take it out of the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining 1 cup heavy whipped cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mousse until fully combined. Refrigerate again until ready to serve.
- When you are ready to serve, pour 1/3 cup chocolate mousse into a serving cup. Stir in 1-2 drops of CBD oil.
- Garnish with strawberries, raspberries, mint leaves, and shaved chocolate chips.
2. CBD Chocolate Brownies
Who doesn’t love chocolate brownies? And when they are infused with CBD oil, they become a unique dessert altogether.
Note: This recipe makes 24 brownies.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cocoa powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup agave
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 ½ cups sunflower or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons CBD oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for the cocoa nibs.
- In a separate bowl, put all the wet ingredients together and mix them well.
- Now pour the batter onto two 9”x12” lightly oiled and paper-lined baking pans. Now top with the cocoa nibs. Bake for 12 minutes at a temperature of 163°C.
- Allow the brownies to cool and then cut each sheet into 12 equal portions.
These two unique recipes are sure to double the fun of any special occasion. You can choose from a variety of different CBD oils – full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate – from Happy Bears Edibles as per your liking. Remember, only the best quality CBD oil would make these desserts truly special!